skip to content »

music-plugin.ru

Radio televizija krusevac online dating

radio televizija krusevac online dating-20

Legend has it that Niš was founded by a Prince Nisa, who built it using the nearby Humska Čuka stone. The ethnogenesis of the Thracians started in the Iron Age, and one of their chief towns was Aiadava, the Roman Remesiana; specifically, the Triballi dwelled in this region, mentioned as early as 424 BC.In 279 BC, during the Gallic invasion of the Balkans, the Scordisci tribe defeated the Triballi and settled the lands, at which time the city was known as Navissos.) was used as a base for operations.

The Romans occupied the town in the period of the "Dardanian War" (75-73 BC), and set up a legionary camp.It is one of the oldest cities in the Balkans and Europe, and has from ancient times been considered a gateway between the East and the West.It was founded by the Scordisci in 279 BC, after an invasion of the Balkans.The Balkans came under the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire.In the 6th century, Slavs started settling the Balkans, while the town was held by the Byzantines until the 9th century, when it came under Bulgar rule.During the First Serbian Uprising, Serbian revolutionaries attempted to liberate Niš in 1809 when the famous Battle of Čegar took place.

After the defeat of the Serbian forces, the Ottoman commander of Niš ordered that the heads of the killed Serbs were to be mounted on a tower to serve as a warning. In 1821, the Ottomans arrested the Bishop of Niš Milentija and 200 Serbian patriots on charges of preparing an uprising in the Niš area, in support of the Greek War of Independence.

The town switched hands between the two, before being given by the Byzantines to the Serbs in the 12th century. It was conquered by the Ottomans in the 15th century, becoming the seat of a sanjak initially in Rumelia Eyalet (1385-1443, 1448-1846), laterly in Niš Eyalet (1846-1864) and finally in Danube Vilayet (1864-1878).

It was liberated by the Serbian Army in 1878 during the Serbian–Ottoman War (1876–78).

In 2013 the city was host to the celebration of 1700 years of Constantine's Edict of Milan.

The town was named after the Nišava River, which flows through the city and which was named Navissos by the Celtic in the 3rd century BC; it was then known as Roman Naissus, Byzantine Nysos and Slavic Niš.

The Turks retreated and the Austrians reconstructed the Fortress.