Enciklopedija sveta online dating
During the 19th century, Zadar was a center of the Croatian movement for cultural and national revival.
During the French rule, the first newspaper in the Croatian language, Il Regio Dalmata – Kraglski Dalmatin, was published in Zadar (1806–1810).The harbor, to the north-east of the town, is safe and spacious.Zadar has a borderline humid subtropical (Cfa) and Mediterranean climate (Csa), since only one summer month has less than 40 millimetres (1.6 in) of rainfall, preventing it from being classified as solely humid subtropical or Mediterranean.Counter-clockwise from top: Panorama view from Cathedral Bell Tower, Church of St.Donatus and Bishops' palace on the Ancient Roman Forum, University of Zadar, St Dominic's Church, Monument to the Sun, People's Square.; see other names) is the oldest continuously inhabited Croatian city.The name of the city of Zadar emerged as Iadera and Iader in ancient times, but the origin of the name is older.
It was most probably related to a hydrographical term, coined by an ancient Mediterranean people and their Pre-Indo-European language.
Zadar has mild, wet winters and very warm, humid summers.
Average annual rainfall is in excess of 917 mm (36.10 in).
When the Turks conquered the Zadar hinterland at the beginning of the 16th century, the town became an important stronghold, ensuring Venetian trade in the Adriatic, the administrative center of the Venetian territories in Dalmatia and a cultural center.
During this time, many famous Croatian writers, such as Petar Zoranić, Brne Krnarutić, Juraj Baraković and Šime Budinić, wrote in the Croatian language.
The Dalmatian names Jadra, Jadera were transferred to other languages; in the Venetian language Jatara (hyper-urbanism in the 9th century) and Zara, Tuscan Giara, Latin Diadora (Constantine VII in De Administrando Imperio, 10th century, probably an error in the transcription of di iadora), Old French Jadres (Geoffroy de Villehardouin in the chronicles of the Fourth Crusade in 1202), Arabic Jādhara ( Jadera became Zara when it fell under the authority of the Republic of Venice in the 15th century.