Christian dating services ahuimanu hawaii
The first Island-wide Convention on the Assemblies of God in Hawaii was held at Honolulu’s First Assembly of God in May, 1950, at which time the new church building was dedicated on Sunday afternoon, May 21, with Brother Noel Perkin as speaker.During Pastor Sturgeon's tenure, there was a need for dressing up the old church building.
Then in June, it became necessary to move into the church building even though it was not completed.Being raised up in First Assembly of God has proven invaluable in helping Pastor Ko to carry on the vision from the previous pastors into newer heights.Pastor Ko began his ministry at First Assembly of God in 1984, as Pastor of Charisma, a College-age group.Responding to an invitation to come and pastor First Assembly found them immediately involved in the building of a high-rise condominium and increased parking facilities adjacent to the church property. Spurred by the rapid growth, Pastor Sapp sought God for a way to minister more effectively to the body.Renovation of the church and the building of additional educational facilities were also accomplished during the four years of Pastor Sasser’s tenure. In 1979, the first home Bible study groups were formed so that the people would be ministered to in a small-group environment.While pastoring in Quincy, Massachusetts, the General Council Missionary Director, Noel Perkin, requested for Rev. Eldon Vincent to go to Honolulu to pioneer a church.
A few days after arriving, the Vincents were introduced to Brother and Sister Woodrow Yasuhara, who were at that time attending a Holiness Church.
In 1987, he launched a discipleship ministry called Christian Discipleship Training (CDT) which still helps the church in fulfilling its mission of making disciples of all nations.
In 1989, when Charisma and Singles Christian Fellowship was merged into one group, Pastor Ko was appointed as the Pastor of a newly formed singles group called Island Christian Singles.
Services were held in the open air under a canopy on the front lawn of the lot. Frank Fasi, was donating ten 20’ x 52’ quonset huts to worthy organizations.
The Vincents applied and received one, moving it onto the property in April, 1948.
On February 23, 1947, the first service was held in the old Lincoln School auditorium across from Thomas Square.